Bayer Properties was founded on the mission of creating real estate environments that improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. Over the last 35 years, our company has shaped destinations and experiences that offer customers the opportunity to create memories and celebrate new traditions amongst family, friends and neighbors.
Thanks to our supportive communities, loyal partners and employees, we have been able to successfully build and operate experiential real estate environments for more than three decades. As we look to the future of Bayer Properties, we’d like to take a moment to celebrate a few of our most significant milestones from 2017:
- February 2017, The Pizitz Food Hall in Birmingham, Alabama: Bayer Properties celebrated the grand opening of the first food hall in the state of Alabama. The Pizitz Food Hall includes 13 stalls, two full-service restaurants, The Louis Bar, and two retailers including the state’s first Warby Parker. The building also houses six floors of residential units that opened in December 2016.
- April 2017, The Summit at Fritz Farm in Lexington, Kentucky: Last spring, Bayer Properties opened a new mixed-use development with over 60 unique retailers and restaurants, residential units, office space and community gathering areas. Almost 60 percent of the tenants at The Summit at Fritz Farm are either first-to-state or market exclusive to Lexington.
- September 2017, The Barn at Fritz Farm in Lexington, Kentucky: Bayer Properties opened its second food hall, The Barn at Fritz Farm, which was the first food hall in the state of Kentucky. The Barn consists of seven local, independent operators offering everything from ramen and gyros to Kentucky-themed apparel.
- September 2017, The Pizitz in Birmingham, Alabama: Forge, the first co-working space in downtown Birmingham, opened. Offering space for more than 100 entrepreneurs at full capacity, this modern space also includes private offices and meeting spaces.
- September 2017, The Summit in Reno, Nevada: Apple relocates to new space and expands footprint by 3,400-square-feet.
- September 2017, The Shoppes at EastChase in Montgomery, Alabama: H&M opens its largest storefront in Alabama and exceeds sales projections to become one of the top performers amongst all H&M 2017 store openings.
- October 2017, The Summit in Birmingham, Alabama: Turns 20 and continues to attract first-to-state concepts including Marine Layer, Tory Burch, Hanna Andersson and The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar.
- October 2017, Bridge Street Town Centre in Huntsville, Alabama: Breaks ground on their third hotel and a new 244-unit luxury apartment complex, Watermark.
- November 2017, Mount Pleasant Towne Centre in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina: lululemon opens the first and only seasonal store in the Charleston market.
Happy New Year and Best Wishes in 2018 from all of us at Bayer Properties.